Teenager arrested over pizza delivery murder
Sheffield (United Kingdom) – A 17-year-old male was arrested on Thursday over the murder of a Sri Lankan graduate who was stabbed while carrying out his final job as a pizza delivery driver in Sheffield, South Yorkshire Police said.
Colleagues from Domino’s Pizza found Thavisha Lakindu Peiris, 25, dead in his car in the Southey area of the city near the site of his final delivery.
He was to leave the job to take up a position as an IT consultant in the city.
Peiris, who graduated from Hallam University in 2011, had been stabbed in the chest.
The teenager is due to be questioned by detectives, police added.
Speaking from their family home, Peiris’s family earlier paid tribute to the “most caring and loving son a parent could have”.
“We were devastated and shocked to hear of our son’s tragic end and we are still unable to comprehend that he is actually gone..
“We were so happy that he was doing so well in England,” they added. “We never thought his life was in any danger.”
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023