Bilateral meeting between Presidents of Sri Lanka and Nepal in China
Onlanka News – By Janaka Alahapperuma
(Pix by: Sudath Silva)
President Mahinda Rajapaksa met his Nepalese counterpart Ram Baran Yadav, this morning (31 October) in Shanghai China. Both leaders are currently in China to participate the closing ceremony of the six months long Shanghai EXPO 2010 International Trade Exhibition organized by the Government of China. Numbers of Head of States were invited as special guests of the ceremony.
The two leaders discussed many matters related to both countries including political, trade and investment, education and tourism. President Rajapaksa also promised to continue the support given to Lumbini Development Project, sacred Buddhist site in Nepal. External Affairs Minister Prof G.L.Peiris and Secretary to the President,Lalith Weeratunga participated the occasion. Sri Lankan President also scheduled to meet Wen Jiabao, Prime Minister of China this afternoon before the conclusion of his two days official visit to China.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023