Bodies of COVID-19 victims are only cremated – Health Ministry
The Ministry of Health urges people to refrain from propagating false news regarding coronavirus related deaths.
The Ministry points out that some politicians and websites are spreading false information about the manner in which the bodies of COVID-19 victims are cremated.
A statement issued by the Ministry of Health stated that the bodies of all those who die of COVID-19 infection will only be cremated as per expert reports received by the Ministry.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka bondholders raise concerns over debt deal transparency December 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023