Bollywood filmmaker Yash Chopra dies
Posted in Foreign News
Veteran bollywood filmmaker Yash Chopra died at Mumbai’s Lilavati Hospital on Sunday, a hospital spokesperson said. He was 80. Chopra was admitted to Lilavati hospital in suburban Bandra on October 13 after being diagnosed with dengue. Chopra had announced his retirement from film direction last month.
The filmmaker was looking forward to the release of his upcoming romantic movie Jab Tak Hai Jaan which stars Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma in the lead. It is set to release on November 13.
In his over five decade old career, Chopra has made several hits like Deewar, Trishul, Chandni, Silsila, Veer Zaara and others
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
Looks as if those who announce their retirement die early. Perhaps that is why our own Sanath J. is not announcing his.