‘Bring in a no-faith motion against Ranil’ – JHU challenges Opposition
The Jathika Hela Urumaya (JHU) yesterday said if anyone has a problem about the appointment of Ranil Wickremesinghe to the office of Prime Minister, they can bring a no-confidence motion against him.
National Organizer of the JHU, Nishantha Sri Warnasinghe, addressing the media said Prime Minister Wickremesinghe was appointed to the post by President Maithripala Sirisena in accordance with the agreement he had with the UNP and if that appointment has created any issues, the opposition can bring a no-confidence motion against Wickremesinghe.
“According to the Constitution, the President has a right to appoint the Prime Minister. However, people’s opinion is that after Maithripala Sirisena emerged victorious, a United National Party (UNP) Government was appointed. The UNP, as well as the SLFP, are at fault if Wickremesinghe’s appointment has created issues,” Warnasinghe added.
He also said, it seems the SLFP is willing to be a part of a national government and that may be the reason why they do not bring in a no-confidence motion against Wickremesinghe.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023