Brings message of prosperity, unity to the nation: PM
Sinhala and Tamil New Year brings a message of prosperity and unity to the nation, acknowledging the role of the Sun in the agrarian society and its blessings towards a greater harvest, states Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe in a Sinhala and Tamil New Year message.
The Prime Minister’s message adds: “It is also an occasion that strengthens ties between the Sinhalese and the Tamils, one that unites them and fosters a great degree of fellowship amidst shared customs and a reverence towards nature and its elements that are significant towards sustainable prosperity.
“The ancient customs and traditions of the Sinhala and Tamil New Year are closely tied to sustainable good practices that preserve and respect the environment around us – they encourage the younger generation to share the same values and preserve them for posterity. “May all Sri Lankans enjoy a blessed and a prosperous Sinhala and Tamil New Year,” the Prime Minister’s message adds.
(Source: Daily News)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023