British Sri Lankan Forum donates £1000 for Resettlement Housing Project of war victims in Sri Lanka
British Sri Lankan Forum (BSLF) donated £1000 for the Resettlement Housing Project of war victims in Sri Lanka at a function held recently in Birmingham for the same purpose. The money was raised at a dinner and a musical evening with a patriotic theme held at the Parish Church of All Saints, Queensbury on Saturday 08 June 2013.
It was extremely successful and we have been able to donate a substantial amount of money for the resettlement of the victims from the money raised. Members of the BSLF sincerely thank everyone who participated and contributed in numerous ways to make this event a tremendous success.
Picture shows Janaka Alahapperuma and Vasantha Karunathilaka handing over a cheque for £1000 to Dr M.B.Ranatunga, the coordinator of the project.
After donating £1000 for a timely important very worthy cause BSLF is planning to organise few more events to raise funds in the coming year. If you need more information please do not hesitate to contact BSLF. Email:email@example.com
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023