Bus fares increased from July – minimum fare at Rs. 40
Bus fares will be increased by 30% and the minimum fare will be revised to Rs. 40 with effect from the 01st of July, the Private Bus Owners’ Association says.
The decision was taken following a discussion held at the Ministry today (June 28) between Transport Minister Bandula Gunawardana, the National Transport Commission (NTC), Sri Lanka Transport Board (SLTB) and private bus owners.
Over the past few days, the bus operators have been calling for bus fares revision in line with the recent increase in fuel prices.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023