Bus fares to increase from next week
Minimum bus fare will be increased by Rs. 03 with effect from January 05, 2022.
Accordingly, the minimum fare for travel in Sri Lanka Transport Board (SLTB) and private passenger buses will be increased from Rs. 14 to Rs. 17 from January 05, 2022.
Meanwhile other categories of bus fare, other than the minimum fare category for SLTB and private passenger buses will be increased by 17%with effect from January 05, 2022.
This bus fare increase was announced by State Minister of Transport Dilum Amunugama.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023