Bus strike on Colombo – Chilaw route
Private bus drivers operating on the Colombo- Chilaw bus route have resorted to a strike action since this morning (27), President of the Lanka Private Bus Owners Association Gemunu Wijerathne said.
The strike action has been taken urging the immediate release of a bus driver who was arrested over an assault on a bus driver and two other members attached to the association.
It was reported that the bus driver known as “Hanuma” had allegedly assaulted a driver of another bus over a personal dispute and the members were arrested for obstructing policemen while negotiating his release.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023