Colour code for sugary drinks
Posted in Local News
A colour code for sugary drinks has been made mandatory by the Health Ministry.
Green for below 2 grams, amber for between 2 – 11 grams and red for above 11 grams to be introduced.
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
Is this means Coke, Pepsi, Fanta, Sprite will have a RED label? What about DASHA MULA Arishtaya, Nelli Syrup, etc?
Yes, this is a very good decision.I think this will be implemented 100%. Giving a colour code to this too is a very good thing, but I STRONGLY SUGGEST TO USE THE BOTTLE LID FOR THE CODE which will make every one to identify this at a glance.
But our favorite drinks like Kassipu, Well Beer and Pol Arrakku etc are exempted.
Colourless for those for kasippu, mal bothal , ect .as Sri Lankans are eminent.