Businessman’s body found burnt in car at Kohuwala
Posted in Local News
A partly burnt body of a 33 year old businessman found inside a car at Asiri Mawatha in Kohuwala last night, Police Spokesman DIG Ajith Rohana said.
He said the car, a Wagon R vehicle, in question had been completely burnt and was found around 11.30 last night.
The deceased has been identified as a resident of Bathiya Mawatha in Kalubowila.
The Spokesman said that they had received information that the deceased had gone to a certain place for dinner and then travelled in the car.
The Kohuwala Police are conducting further investigations.
The Government Analyst and other experts will be summoned to the scene and a magisterial inquiry will also be held, he said.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023