CAA seizes 25,000kg stock of big onions unfit for consumption
The Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) seized a stock of 25,000 kg of big onions unfit for consumption at a warehouse in Modara on Thursday (December 26).
The CAA told Ada Derana that the stock was valued at Rs.3 million while four persons were arrested in the raid.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023