Cabinet approves President’s proposal to ban chainsaws
The Cabinet of Ministers has approved the proposal presented by President Maithripala Sirisena, in his capacity as the Minister of Mahaweli Development and Environment, to ban the import of chainsaws to Sri Lanka, the Department of Government Information said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023