Kabir and Haleem reinstated as ministers
UNP Parliamentarians Kabir Hashim and Abdul Haleem have sworn into the ministerial positions held by them before tendering their resignations, according to the Presidential media unit.
The duo were sworn in before President Maithripala Sirisena this morning.
Kabir Hashim was reinstated as the Minister of Highways & Road Development and Petroleum Resources Development, while M.H.M. Haleem was reinstated as the Minister of Postal Services & Muslim Religious Affairs.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023