Cabinet Ministers decide to donate August salary to the COVID-19 fund
Sri Lanka’s Cabinet of Ministers today (23) decided to donate the salaries of all Cabinet Ministers for the Month of August to the COVID-19 fund.
The Prime Minister has stated that the country is currently facing a serious economic crisis and a huge amount of money has to be spent to bring in COVID vaccines.
Due to this, the Prime Minister has pointed out that the Cabinet should set the first example for all and carry out this task.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023