Cadet training creates a disciplined nation – Dallas
“Cadet Training should be made compulsory for every student and we will have physically as well as mentally strong youth in Sri Lanka”, Minister of Youth Affairs and Skills Development Dallas Alahapperuma said while distributing certificates to Cadets at a passing out ceremony at Rantambe, recently.
The Minister pointed out that providing cadet training to all students is imperative in the creation of a disciplined nation. He emphasised on the importance of creating patriotic, disciplined younger generation. Alahapperuma added that cadet training in Sri Lanka dated back to 1886.
Cadet Battalion Director and Lieutenant Colonel S G G S Dharmaratne and Southern Province Deputy Director Lieutenant Colonel S J Lanarolle were also present at the passing out parade.
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023