Cases against Anura Yapa and Susil withdrawn
Posted in Local News
Two lawsuits filed by Duminda Dissanayake and professor Vishwa Warnapala who obtained an enjoining order restricting Anura Priyadarshana Yapa and Susil Premajayantha functioning as SLFP and UPFA general secretaries respectively were today withdrawn by the plaintiffs.
Accordingly, two cases were dismissed with cost by the Colombo district court judge Harsha Sethunga.
The plaintiffs informed court that defendants citing in the petition did not obstruct them to carry out their duties as general secretaries of the two parties.
(Courtesy: Daily Mirror)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
Of course, the turncoats are supporting CBK/RW oriented Yahapalanaya with a pambura at the top.
very soon every one will be found innocent all corruption charges will be dropeed and the public who voted these clowns will be guilty, very guilty for voting them to power
I am concerned that that some people are still waiting for the Rajapakse family to be punished for false allegations. Don’t you think they would have sent the whole family to jail by now if there was ant truth to these allegations. How come Ghotabay’s’s travel ban was lifted following his interrogation. Surely you can not think that the Rajapakse’s are still manipulating the law.
On the other hand if The Rajapakse’s were guilty of all of these crimes what were the frogs who jumped sides ( including the top man) doing while all this were happening. Have you ever asked your self why all these frogs did not get out of the party then as true leaders would do. After all they door have a responsibility toward the people who voted them. OR were they all gutless pigs who did not have the courage to say something at the time and not after the presindtial election was announced.