Cash found at President’s House: Appeal Court quashes summons on Deshabandu Thennakoon
The Court of Appeal has quashed the summons issued by the Colombo Fort Magistrate’s Court on Senior DIG Deshbandu Thennakoon to appear before courts as a suspect over the Rs. 17.8 million in cash found at the President’s House when protestors stormed the building on July 09, 2022.
The order has been issued by the Appeals Court judge bench consisting of Justices Nissanka Bandula Karunaratne and A. Marikkar, while ruling on the writ petition filed by the Senior DIG Deshbandu Thennakoon today (June 26).
On January 26, 2023 the Colombo Fort Magistrate’s Court issued summons on Senior DIG Deshbandu Thennakoon to appear before Court as an accused over a criminal accusation that he had allegedly aided and abetted to commit criminal breach of trust with regard to Rs. 17.8 million recovered by protestors inside the President’s House on July 09, 2022.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023