Catholic Bishops Conference appeals to President on General’s release
The Catholic Bishops Conference has appealed to the President issuing a communiqué to the media to free former Army Commander General Sarath Fonseka. It has been signed by Archbishop Malcolm Ranjith, President and Bishop Nobert M Andradi OMI, Secretary General of the Catholic Bishops Conference.
The communiqué states that the Catholic Bishops Conference is attentive on the situation with the General’s imprisonment. It has appealed to the President to pay his special attention and release the former Army Commander considering the suffering endured at the risk of his life and the valuable service rendered by him.
Courtesy: Lanka Truth
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023