CCD officer wanted over drug trafficking arrested in India
The Constable attached to the Colombo Crimes Division (CCD), who had been wanted by the police, has been arrested in India.
The arrest has been made by the Danushkodi Police in Tamil Nadu.
Reports revealed that he was linked to the 23kg of heroin seized in the area of Sapugaskanda last week.
On the 2nd of September, the Meegahawatta Police recovered a haul of heroin at Samadhi Mawatha in Sapugaskanda.
A 37-year-old carpenter from the area was arrested on suspicion. He was identified as the brother of a police officer attached to the Colombo Crimes Division (CCD).
It was revealed that the CCD officer in question is also currently under investigation over alleged involvement in drug trafficking.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s education ministry halts outdoor school activities due to heat February 28, 2024
- Santhan, released convict in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, dies due to illness February 28, 2024
- Suspect wanted over Mahabage shooting killed in clash with STF February 28, 2024
- Ronnie de Mel passes away February 27, 2024
- India to push rupee investments in Sri Lanka February 27, 2024