Ceylon Electricity Board Chairman resigns
Chairman of the Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) M.M.C Ferdinando has tendered his resignation to President Gotabaya Rajapaksa citing personal reasons.
His resignation comes after Sri Lanka faced a serious issue on securing foreign exchange to procure fuel to be delivered to the Ceylon Electricity Board for electricity generation.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023