Central Bank insists on fuel price hike
The Central Bank has inspired that fuel prices should be revised to conform to spikes in the world market, a Minister said today.
The Central Bank representatives , including Governor W.D.Lakshman, had a meeting with Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa yesterday.
State Minister Ajith Nivard Cabraal who was present at the meeting said it was a frank and cordial discussion on measures to be taken for the economic consolidation.
He said the Central Bank was straightforward in its request for the upward revision of fuel prices.
Also, he said measures related to imports and the stabilization of the rupee value were among key matters discussed.
“We will come up with the government’s response to the Central Bank’s requests ,” he said.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Kelum Bandara)
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
Where is the Minister & other Deputy / State Ministers for Energy and Fuel products ? It appears that responsible politicians for this subject is taking cover behind the innocent Central Bank Governor !