Central Bank of Sri Lanka warns general public over pyramid-type schemes in Sri Lanka
The Central Bank of Sri Lanka (CBSL) has requested the Attorney General to file criminal cases against three pyramid-type prohibited schemes operating in the country as those schemes are acting contrary to the Section 83C of the Banking Act.
Accordingly, the criminal cases will be filed against Fast 3Cycle International (Pvt) Ltd (F3C), Sport Chain App, Sports Chain ZS Society Sri Lanka and the OnmaxDT.
It is reported that the CBSL has conducted a special investigation regarding the complaints received against the three prohibited schemes.
Accordingly, the Central Bank issued a statement saying that it has been determined that the above three institutions and their directors, promoters, and founders have acted contrary to Section 83C of the Banking Act.
The CBSL has announced the related decision through a special newspaper advertisement.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023