Certain groups profiting from COVID-19 – JVP
Posted in Local News
The JVP says information has been uncovered pertaining to a mechanism to earn money under the guise of the coronavirus pandemic.
Speaking during a media briefing at the JVP head office Chief Secretary Tilvin Silva charged the mechanism is underway with the support of the government.
He claimed the government and entrepreneurs are defrauding public funds amidst the prevailing pandemic, while the public is severely burdened. Tilvin Silva also charged the government of putting up a one man show, in controlling the spread of COVID-19.
He said the government has failed to present a united front during the pandemic and stringent planning is necessary to defeat COVID-19.
(Source: News Radio)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
Attack by Saharan 2019
Vipatha pava sepathta Harawa pertama yamu lanka
Of course Comrade Tilvin,
Mass protests in the streets to bring down capitalism?