Certain groups profiting from COVID-19 – JVP
The JVP says information has been uncovered pertaining to a mechanism to earn money under the guise of the coronavirus pandemic.
Speaking during a media briefing at the JVP head office Chief Secretary Tilvin Silva charged the mechanism is underway with the support of the government.
He claimed the government and entrepreneurs are defrauding public funds amidst the prevailing pandemic, while the public is severely burdened. Tilvin Silva also charged the government of putting up a one man show, in controlling the spread of COVID-19.
He said the government has failed to present a united front during the pandemic and stringent planning is necessary to defeat COVID-19.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy promotes 1,877 personnel on its 73rd anniversary December 9, 2023