Chainsaws to be registered from today
Posted in Local News
All chainsaw machines that are currently in use must be registered from today (20) as per an order issued by the President.
Accordingly all chainsaws used by state, semi-government and private entities, either institutionally or privately used, are required to be registered at the nearest Police Station.
A special identification document and a number plate will be issued.
This initiative is to combat deforestation and every other illegal activity carried out with the use of chainsaw machines.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023