Chief Minister Wigneswaran meets President Rajapaksa
– by Janaka Alahapperuma –
Chief Minister of the Northern Province C. V. Wigneswaran met President Mahinda Rajapaksa this morning (02 January) at Temple Trees.
The President’s Office press release stated that both parties discussed some practical problems prevailing in the North and the ways and means relating to administration at the discussion. The Chief Minister and the President had a cordial discussion and also exchanged pleasantries at the meeting.
Secretary to President Lalith Weeratunga, Secretary to Cabinet Sumith Abeysinghe, the Secretary to the Ministry of Finance Dr. P.B. Jayasundara and representing Tamil National Alliance (TNA) parliamentarian M.A Sumanthiran were also present.
Pix by – Nalin Hewapathirana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023