China pitches for better ties with Sri Lanka
China has donated equipment estimated at $293,000 to the Sri Lankan Parliament in a bid to further strengthen the ties between the two countries, a media report said.
Lankan Speaker Karu Jayasuriya while accepting the donation on Friday from Chinese Ambassador Yi Xianliang said: “We hope to strengthen this relationship further.”
To date over 100 Lankan MPs have visited China on several programs with the support of Beijing, Jayasuriya said.
Yi said China welcomed more visit from the island nation and would look forward to further boosting the ties. Yi also spoke about more Chinese companies to invest in Sri Lanka.
The donated equipments included office materials and laptops by the state-owned China National Corporation For Overseas Economic Cooperation.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
What better ties? Sri Lanka & China already strengthened their ties for 99 Years through Hambanthota Habour.