China to donate 1 Million metric tons of rice to Sri Lanka
China has agreed to provide one million metric tonnes of Rice to Sri Lanka as a donation, Dr. Bandula Gunawardena, Sri Lanka’s Minister of Trade said today (January 19).
China is making the donation to mark the 70th anniversary of the Rubber-Rice Pact signed between Sri Lanka and the People’s Republic of China in 1952.
The consignment of Rice will be delivered to Sri Lanka before the month of April, Minister Bandula Gunawardena noted.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023