CID begins investigations into Galgamuwa Tusker killing
Posted in Local News
The Criminal Investigations Department (CID), on Monday, began investigations into the killing of Galgamuwa Tusker or Galgamuwe Dala Poottuwa.
Meanwhile, Director General of the Department of Wildlife Conservation, C. Sooriyabandara said the Department is ready to extend its support to the CID for investigations.
Sooriyabandara further noted that the Assistant Director in-charge of Wildlife in the North-western Province has been transferred to Colombo until the investigations are concluded.
Eight suspects have been placed in remand custody until December 12, in connection with the killing of Galgamuwa Tusker.
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
Suspects arrested with ‘smoking guns’. They should be tried and maximum sentences should be delivered.
It is sad to hear a killing of a such a majestic animal. Those who found guilty of a such a mean act should be shot dead,
Of course, the Tusker is more important than the Ruggerite and the Journalist who were killed by known persons!
Dear Niranjala Keerthi, I hope I got your name right. Yahapalanaya came to power promising investigation on Thajudeen & Eknaligoda. The big question is why none was arrested and punish so far? Remember it is 2 and half years after coming to power. Yes, in a country where biodiversity is compromised to make a way for a mono-ethnic settlements (13,000 acres in protected zones in Villpatthuwa), Killing two Tuskers within three weeks is pea-nuts!!
Well said, Kneeranjala, Sinhala Buddhist values, mate !