CID begins investigations into Galgamuwa Tusker killing
The Criminal Investigations Department (CID), on Monday, began investigations into the killing of Galgamuwa Tusker or Galgamuwe Dala Poottuwa.
Meanwhile, Director General of the Department of Wildlife Conservation, C. Sooriyabandara said the Department is ready to extend its support to the CID for investigations.
Sooriyabandara further noted that the Assistant Director in-charge of Wildlife in the North-western Province has been transferred to Colombo until the investigations are concluded.
Eight suspects have been placed in remand custody until December 12, in connection with the killing of Galgamuwa Tusker.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s education ministry halts outdoor school activities due to heat February 28, 2024
- Santhan, released convict in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, dies due to illness February 28, 2024
- Suspect wanted over Mahabage shooting killed in clash with STF February 28, 2024
- Ronnie de Mel passes away February 27, 2024
- India to push rupee investments in Sri Lanka February 27, 2024