CID records statements from three more MPs
The Criminal Investigations Department (CID) has recorded statements from MPs Rohitha Abeygunawardena, C.B. Ratnayake and Sanjeewa Edirimanne regarding the incidents that took place outside Temple Trees (Maina Go Gama) and in Galle Face (Gota Go Gama) on May 09.
Sanath Nishantha and Milan Jayatilleke who were arrested in connection with the incident were remanded till the 25th of this month after being produced before the Fort Magistrate’s Court yesterday (May 18).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023