CID to interrogate MP Duminda Silva again
UPFA Parliamentarian R. Duminda Silva is to be summoned to the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) today for further questioning on money laundering charges.
The Colombo District MP has been informed to appear before the CID at 11.00am today, police spokesman SSP Ajith Rohana said.
Police noted that after questioning the MP for close to six hours on Tuesday, he was released at around 4.30 in the afternoon.
The alleged drug baron who is in police custody, when interrogated by the police, had claimed to have made payments to the MP.
The CID is interrogating the drug kingpin under a three months detention order on the details on how he managed to carry out drug related operations from Pakistan.
Wele Sudha fled the country after the police launched open inquiries into his activities in 2010.
Wele Sudha’s assets including two luxury apartments, two houses in Bagatalle Road, two houses in Pannipitiya and Madiwela, 16 perches land in Dehiwala and 14 perches in Nedimale had been confiscated by the Colombo High Court.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023