Sarana Gunawardena released on bail
UPFA MP Sarana Gunawardena was released on Rs.150,000 cash bail with a surety of Rs. 60 million by the Colombo Chief Magistrate today in the case where he had allegedly been involved in 107 frauds including Rs.36 million fraud while he was the National Lotteries Board Chairman.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023