Circular to remove teacher-principal salary anomalies issued
The circular to remove salary anomalies of teachers and principals has been published by the Ministry of Public Services and Provincial Councils and Local Government.
The communiqué, signed by the ministerial secretary, J.J. Rathnasiri, was issued on Wednesday (January 05).
The circular is effective from January 01, 2022 while it has also been approved by the National Pay Commission and the Ministry of Finance.
The circular was reportedly issued based on decisions reached during the Cabinet of Ministers meetings held on the August 30, 2021 and the January 03, 2022, pertaining to removing teachers and principals salary anomalies.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023