Clinton calls for Sri Lankan reconciliation
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has said India’s example of multicultural democracy should serve as a model for neighbouring Sri Lanka.
Speaking in the South Indian city of Chennai , Clinton said, “Every Sri Lankan deserves the same hope and opportunity.”
“India’s diverse democratic system in which people from all faith and background participate equally, serves as a model for Sri Lanka as it pursues for a political reconciliation.” said Hilary Clinton
Mrs Clinton’s three-day visit is her second to India as secretary of state and follows President Barack Obama’s trip last November.
BBC / Pix by Getty Images
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023