CM Isura calls on Sinhala mothers to produce more children
Western Province Chief Minister Isura Devapriya yesterday called on Sinhala mothers to produce more children and ensure the protection of Buddhism and the Sinhala race.
Addressing a ceremony held at Nugegoda to declare open a Bhikku retreat at Embuldeniya, the chief Minister said that time had come for every Sinhala mother to bear five to six children. “Each and every Sinhala mother should deliver at least five children.
The Chief Minister said: Our Sinhala mothers, fooled by a concept called little family was golden, produced one or two children. Without producing more children they blame other communities for having large families. “Increasing the Sinhala race is the only means to safeguard Buddhism, language and our nation,” he said.
(Source: The Island – By Pradeep Prasanna Samarakoon)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023