Coast Guard arrests 12 Sri Lankan fishermen
Posted in Local News
Twelve Sri Lankan fishermen were on Friday arrested by the Indian Coast Guard for allegedly crossing the International Maritime Boundary Line and fishing in Indian waters.
Coast Guard ship ICGS Abheek spotted two Sri Lankan boats some 120 nautical miles east of Chennai and arrested the 12 fishermen aboard, a statement said.
The boats, which had 750 kg of fish catch, were seized and the fishermen booked under Maritime Zones of India Act, 1981, it said, adding that they would be handed over to Tamil Nadu Police soon.
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Bruno Divakara arrested May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023