Committed to support Sri Lanka’s economic reforms – IMF chief tells Sri Lankan President
Sri Lankan President Ranil Wickremesinghe met with the Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Kristalina Georgieva in Paris, France on Thursday (June 22).
During the meeting, the IMF Chief welcomed the strong ownership by the Sri Lankan government to address current economic challenges.
Following her meeting with President Ranil Wickremesinghe, Georgieva assured that the IMF is committed to supporting the island nation’s economic reforms, in a bid to improve the living standards of Sri Lankans.
“I warmly welcomed the strong ownership by the Sri Lanka government to address current economic challenges. We are committed to support Sri Lanka’s economic reforms to improve living standards for its people.” she said in a Twitter statement.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023