Commuters stranded as bus operators go on strike
Scores of commuters have been left stranded due to the strike by the private bus operators today (February 13). The bus operators are protesting the recent fuel hike which saw diesel prices shoot up by Rs. 31.
Passengers from areas such as Kandy, Galle and Kurunegala have been greatly inconvenienced as the amount of operational buses is not sufficient to meet the requirements of the public.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023