Construction of new Expressway from New Kelani bridge to Athurugiriya and 5 flyovers begin
Construction work of the elevated expressway from the new Kelani Bridge to Athurugiriya and five flyovers in Colombo and Kandy officially inaugurated this morning (07) by Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa.
The upcoming expressway is reported to have four lanes.
The inauguration ceremony was held this morning at Temple Trees, with the participation of Ministers, Parliamentarians and state officials.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023