Country’s youth must change the political culture – Sarath Fonseka
Parliamentarian Field Marshal Sarath Fonseka says no political party in Sri Lanka has thus far been successful in steering the country’s political culture in the right direction.
Speaking during the adjournment debate on the government’s policy statement in Parliament today, MP Fonseka said the younger generation must not trust assurances by any politician.
The Parliamentarian said the public will have to step forward to change the political culture as no politician will ever take a step towards change.
He said they expected the youth to make a difference, adding the youth were also misled.
The MP urged youth to be mindful in the future and to think ahead when making decisions.
MP Fonseka said youth must consider the statements of politicians, their past actions and whether they can follow through with their promises.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023