Court dismisses Police request to prevent Inter University Students Federation protest
Posted in Local News
The Colombo Chief Magistrate’s Court dismisses a request by the Cinnamon Gardens Police to prevent a protest march organised by the Inter University Students Federation.
This decision was reached by the Colombo Chief Magistrate Nandana Amarasinghe.
- MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam arrested in Colombo June 7, 2023
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka-born woman in UK becomes youngest ever non-white Crown Court judge June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023