COURT GRANTS BAIL TO BENNET RUPASINGHE, EDITOR OF LANKA E NEWS
Court granted bail to Bennet Rupasinghe, the editor of the Lanka e news a short while ago, after he was placed under remand custody recently.
When Rupasinghe was produced before the Kaduwela Magistrates Court today, the magistrate ordered him to be enlarged on cash bail of Rs.10,000 and surety bail amounting to Rs. 300,000.
Bennet Rupasinghe was arrested and remanded on a charge of threatening an individual.
Courtesy: News First – Pix by DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023