Court imposes travel ban on Diana Gamage
The Colombo Chief Magistrate’s Court today (November 11) issued an order directing the Controller-General of Immigration and Emigration to prevent State Minister Diana Gamage from leaving the country until November 17.
The foreign travel ban was imposed when a complaint filed by social activist Oshala Herath challenging the veracity of the identity documents of State Minister Diana Gamage including her passport, birth certificate and the National Identity Card (NIC) was called before the court today.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023