Court orders arrest of police officers involved in Rambukkana shooting
The Kegalle Magistrate ordered the Inspector General of Police (IGP) to arrest and produce before court all police personnel involved in the shooting to death of a protester at Rambukkana.
Kegalle Magistrate Wasana Nawaratne made the order when the case related to the incident was taken up today (April 27).
It was revealed in court that the man who died when police opened fire at protestors, had in fact died due to gunshot injuries.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023