Court orders to expedite probe against Diana Gamage
Colombo Chief Magistrate’s Court ordered the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) to submit details of the progress of investigations into the complaint on State Minister Diana Gamage’s passport, birth certificate and National Identity Card (NIC) on December 15.
The order was made when a case filed challenging the citizenship of Diana Gamage was taken up in court today (November 10).
Attorney Gunaratna Wanninayake requested the court to inquire from the officials of CID whether the State Minister has dual citizenship with UK citizenship and the progress of investigations so far into this illegal act.
Attorney Wanninayake told reporters outside the court that attempts were made earlier to undermine this investigation.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023