Court summons Mahinda and 6 others over SLTB payments
Colombo Commercial High Court today issued summons on former President Mahinda Rajapaksa and six others to appear in courts on March 10, 2016 for nonpayment of funds for the use of CTB buses for his election campaign during the last presidential election.
Former UPFA General Secretary Susil Premajayantha and former SLFP General Secretary Anura Priyadarshana Yapa are also among those issued notice by the court.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023