Postal workers launch trade union action
Posted in Local News
Postal services across the island are expected to be disrupted today as several postal department trade unions have launched a 24-hour trade union action based on several demands.
Co-convenor of the Joint Federation of Postal Services Union, Chinthaka Bandara, said that the postal workers have applied for sick leave as part of the trade union action which commenced from midnight yesterday.
The employing of workers, promotions and other issues have been cited as reasons for the union action.
Bandara also said that a Styagraha will be staged opposite the Postal Department Headquarters this morning.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023