COVID has killed seven Policemen in Sri Lanka
Seven Police Officers, who had contracted the COVID-19 virus, had died and 900 others are undergoing treatment, sources said. A top official of the Police Department said among the deceased Police Officers are Inspectors, SubInspectors, Sergeants and Police Constables.
This spokesman also said among officers infected are a few Women Police Constables and they are receiving treatment at the Habaraduwa, Kundasale and Hantana ‘Sisila’ treatment centres. It has been revealed that up to now, 5,187 Police Officers, both male and female have been infected with the virus and 4,197 have recovered up to now. The spokesman added while the Police Officers are undergoing treatment, members of their families and children as well as elders are receiving treatment at treatment centres.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Kumudu Upul Shantha)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023