Cremation policy attracts U.S. displeasure
US Ambassador to Sri Lanka Alaina B. Teplitz on today (18) expressed her disappointment with regard to Sri Lanka’s cremation policy.
Publishing a Twitter message, Ambassador Teplitz said, “Disappointed to see that the Sri Lankan Government and Prime Minister are backing away from ending discriminatory cremation policy.”
“People, including loved ones recently passed, deserve more respect for their rights from a democratic government,” the Ambassador’s tweet further read.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023